Switching from Yahoo! Mail to Hotmail

Why change from Yahoo! Mail to Hotmail? There are heaps of reasons. For instance – on the off chance that you email photographs to loved ones, Hotmail gives you a chance to send them without obstructing your companions' inboxes. Hotmail transfers your photographs to SkyDrive and gives your beneficiaries a chance to see in a slide appear or download. You can see or alter Word, Excel and PowerPoint records specifically in Hotmail – even on a PC without Office introduced. What's more, Hotmail has gained a great deal of ground in shielding you from spam and malware with SmartScreen. Hotmail is the main email supplier that enables you to make a move on messages appropriate from your inbox utilizing Active Views (more than one billion Active Views presented with stunning accomplices). Goodness and Hotmail additionally taps in to the magnificence of Internet Explorer 9 by enabling you to stick it to your Windows 7 taskbar! So in case you're a Yahoo! Mail client and are considering doing a change to an alternate email supplier – unquestionably consider Hotmail as a magnificent decision. You can discover explicit data about how Hotmail is not quite the same as Yahoo! Mail at switchtohotmail.com. 
Paul Pardi, a partner of mine here at Microsoft, as of late moved an old Yahoo! Mail record to Hotmail. The following is his record of the exchanging procedure, which, for reasons unknown, was overly simple. 
Since I have a free Yahoo! Mail account, which doesn't bolster POP, I couldn't simply include my Yahoo! record to Hotmail (you can do this with Gmail, AOL and other webmail accounts, however with Yahoo! Mail, you should have a paid Yahoo! Furthermore account). To switch my free Yahoo account, I expected to utilize the TrueSwitch benefit. 

Fortunately, this ended up being extremely simple. There is a solitary page to fill in to do the switch. I simply put in my Yahoo! Mail account information, my Windows Live record data, check a couple boxes, and that is about it.
trueswitch
The only things I needed to decide were whether to copy all my email messages over, whether to copy my address book over, and whether to send email to my entire Yahoo! contacts about my change in email addresses. I chose to do all three, and was allowed to modify the message that would be sent to my friends so it sounded a bit more like me.
When I was done, I clicked “Copy to Windows Live Hotmail,” and within 24 hours, all my Yahoo! Mail messages and contacts were on Hotmail, placed in a new folder so it was easy to differentiate from everything else in my inbox.
newfolder
I could then take my time moving the mail I wanted from the Yahoo folder to my inbox and deleting the rest. All my contacts were brought over and though there were quite a few duplicates, I was able to use the Hotmail cleanup tool to quickly combine or delete the duplicates in just a few minutes. I also took this opportunity to connect my account to Facebook and LinkedIn, so I could keep my Hotmail address book updated –and so I could chat with Facebook friends from my inbox.
clean up contacts
Because I can add Yahoo! friends to Messenger, I can chat with them in Hotmail without asking them to switch to a different IM service.
IM conversation
Since TrueSwitch doesn’t automate bringing your calendar info over from Yahoo, I had to do that separately. There are two ways to do this:
1. If you don’t think you’ll be going back to Yahoo, you can just export your Yahoo! calendar using an ICS file and then import it into Hotmail;
2. If you plan to continue using your Yahoo calendar, you can subscribe to ongoing updates from your Yahoo calendar from Hotmail. That way, the data remains in your Yahoo! account but also appears in your Hotmail calendar.
calendar export
So that’s about it. My Yahoo! email will be forwarded to my Hotmail account for 90 days, at which point I’ll have had enough time to let the people I want to hear from know about my new Hotmail address. In the meantime, mail still appears in my Yahoo! inbox but also is delivered to my Hotmail account. And if stragglers email me at my old Yahoo account after 30 days, I can set a vacation response in Yahoo Mail so they get an automatic reply with my new address.
If you or your friends still use Yahoo! Mail and interested in trying something different, share this post or send them to http://switchtohotmail.com for more information.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Why Facing Hotmail Sign in Problems

Windows Live Hotmail: Completely Re-Invented (Read: It Actually Looks Good Now)